MASON CITY, Iowa - Today is Peace Officers Memorial Day, and the Governors in both Iowa and Minnesota ordered flags to be lowered to half staff to honor those who lost their lives while on duty.
Governors Kim Reynolds and Mark Dayton ordered the flags to be lowered at all public buildings, grounds and facilities throughout both states.
The order is in conjunction with President Donald Trump's proclamation to lower flags at federal government buildings.
- May 15th marks 'Peace Officers Memorial Day'
- A fallen Olmsted County deputy's daughter remembers her father on National Peace Officer Memorial Day
- Memorial Day Fast Facts
- Local sports scores from Tuesday, May 15th
- Test your Memorial Day knowledge
- Charles Steger, 15th president of Virginia Tech, dies at 70
- Mark Zuckerberg Fast Facts
- Here's how an Alabama newspaper marked the opening of the nation's first lynching memorial
- Moscow Ballet's 'Great Russian Nutcracker' promotes peace
- Justin Timberlake made peace with Janet Jackson