MASON CITY, Iowa - Today is Peace Officers Memorial Day, and the Governors in both Iowa and Minnesota ordered flags to be lowered to half staff to honor those who lost their lives while on duty.
Governors Kim Reynolds and Mark Dayton ordered the flags to be lowered at all public buildings, grounds and facilities throughout both states.
The order is in conjunction with President Donald Trump's proclamation to lower flags at federal government buildings.
- May 15th marks 'Peace Officers Memorial Day'
- A fallen Olmsted County deputy's daughter remembers her father on National Peace Officer Memorial Day
- Local sports scores from Tuesday, May 15th
- Local sports scores/highlights from Friday, June 15th
- Memorial Day Heat Wave moving in
- Gov. Mark Dayton marks Sept. 9 as Rochester Public Library Day: 'We're so honored'
- 100 Deadliest Days on Minnesota roadways starts on Memorial Day
- Mark Williamson wins Rochesterfest Shootout