Ames, Iowa – A Mason City man is facing two felony charges for allegedly breaking into a residence and stealing a cell phone and $1,800 in cash.
Luis Serra, 38, is being held in the Cerro Gordo County Jail on $5,000 bond for third-degree burglary and second-degree theft, both felonies.
According to court documents, Serra went to 1325 Truman Pl. in Ames on Oct. 4. A broken window was located on the north side of the residence and two doors that were previously locked were unlocked.
The victim stated she was the only person on the lease.
According to the criminal complaint, Serra admitted to going to Ames to “pick up a few things from his house.” Serra admitted that he didn’t have a key to the residence because the locks were changed.
The cash and cell phone were located in Serra’s Mercedes.
- Mason City man accused of felony burglary, theft in Ames
- Mason City man facing felony theft charge
- Mason City man sentenced for multiple burglaries
- Man arrested in Mason City snowmobile thefts
- Police: Mason City man facing 3 felony burglary charges for breaking into storage units
- Mason City woman facing felony drug charges
- Mason City man facing felony domestic abuse charge for strangulation
- Mason City man held on $100,000 for felony drug charge
- Mason City man and woman facing 4 felony drug charges
- Mason City man facing felony domestic abuse charge