ROCHESTER, Minn. – A man is pleading guilty to getting into a drunken crash and then breaking into a business.
30-year-old Corey Joe Hummel was arrested on May 9. Rochester police say there were called to a car accident around 1:35 am in the 2300 block of Marion Road SE and found a 65-year-old woman with a leg injury. Officers say she told them another vehicle hit a mailbox and then came head-on toward her. The woman says she swerved but the other driver hit the front passenger side of her vehicle and then drove away.
Around 2:19 am, Rochester police were called to FTL Systems at 2450 Marion Road SE for a burglary alarm. Officers say there were signs of forced entry and they found Hummel inside, lying on the floor and apparently under the influence of alcohol.
Hummel was originally charged with 9 criminal counts but he entered guilty pleas to 3rd degree burglary, criminal vehicular operation, and 4th degree OWI on Monday. The other six counts have been dismissed.
Hummel’s sentencing is scheduled for January 22.
- Man pleads guilty to drunken crimes
- Byron man accused of drunken car chase pleads not guilty
- Austin man pleads guilty to meth crime
- Rochester man pleads guilty to separate crimes
- Long-time sex crime fugitive pleads guilty
- Lake Mills man pleads guilty to marijuana crime
- North Iowa man pleads guilty to drug crimes
- Kanawha man pleads not guilty to drug crimes
- Texas man pleads guilty to Freeborn County drug crime
- Rochester man pleads not guilty to meth crimes