IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) - An Iowa City man accused of neglecting more than 200 birds on his rural Solon property has been given a year of probation and fined $315.
Johnson County Court records say 71-year-old Francis Prohaska pleaded guilty last week to livestock neglect. The judge granted him a deferred judgment. That means the conviction can be cleared from Prohaska's record if he abides by the terms of his probation.
The charge stemmed from a Dec. 9 search of the Solon area farmstead. Deputies found a number of dead birds and counted about 200 others, including ducks, geese, chickens and pigeons.
- Man gets year of probation for neglecting birds
- Woman gets probation after neglect of three children
- 25 years of probation for Alden man
- Rochester man gets 30 years of probation
- 40 years of probation for Rochester man
- Probation for Rochester man
- Plymouth man gets probation
- Man with machete gets probation
- Birding is a growing hobby
- Probation for Mollo