Scroll for more content...
Sheriff Kurt Freitag said the fall happened at Northern Country Coop Co. and the man was transported from the scene by Mayo 1.
Freitag said there was only about three feet of grain covering the cement floor. There was no update Friday afternoon as to Majerus’ condition.
In a press release issued Friday, Freitag said “it appears that the structure Majerus was standing on broke from under his feet.”
Majerus was not trapped in the bin and medical and rescue personnel were able to remove him before he was transported to St. Mary’s in Rochester by Mayo 1.
- UPDATE: Man 'lucky to be alive' after falling 70-80 feet into grain bin in Conger
- Firefighters practice grain bin rescues
- Wind causes grain bin to collapse in Hancock County
- UPDATE: Missing Austin man found alive
- Hoping for a white Christmas? Today could be your lucky day
- Man charged in fatal fall through ice
- UPDATE: Missing Austin man found
- UPDATE: Victims identified in deadly Cedar Falls collision
- 2 arrested for prostituion at Happy Body and Feet Massage parlor
- 'I'm alive': Russian reporter, Ukraine police faked killing