MASON CITY, Iowa – A man is facing a felony OWI charge after being found driving a vehicle without the owner’s consent.
Robert Knutson, 53, of Clear Lake, is facing charges for felony OWI (3rd offense), driving while barred, fifth-degree theft and operating without owner’s consent after an incident Thursday at 8:09 p.m. in the 400 block of 3rd St. NW.
Authorities say a motorist reported that a red Ford-150 almost struck them, but the truck was empty when located. While officers waited to see if anyone would come back to the truck, they learned the vehicle was entered as stolen.
Police say Knutson returned to the truck and drove away before being stopped a short time later.
He is being held in the Cerro Gordo County Jail on $7,000 bond.
- Man facing felony OWI charge after being found in stolen truck
- Mason City man facing felony charge after being found with stolen bike with stolen pink backpack
- Hancock Co. man facing felony drug charges
- Stewartville man facing felony drug charge
- Mason City woman facing felony drug charges
- 19-year-old facing felony sexual exploitation charge
- Stolen truck sentence
- Mason City man facing felony domestic abuse charge for strangulation
- Man facing felony drug charges after arrest in Clear Lake
- Belmond man facing 3 felony drug charges in Hancock Co.