MASON CITY, Iowa – Police have arrested one of three people they say stole two snowmobiles.
26-year-old Levi Robert Shackleton of Rudd is charged with two counts of 1st degree theft, 3rd degree burglary, and one count of conspiracy. Authorities say he and two unknown suspects went to a parking lot in the 100 block of 7th Street SE in Mason City early Saturday morning, cut the lock off an enclosed trailer, and stole two snowmobiles worth a combined total of nearly $21,000.
Police say the two unknown suspects were seen escaping the scene on the two snowmobiles, while Shackleton drove a vehicle to and from the parking lot. Officers say a cut padlock was found in Shackleton’s vehicle.
Shackleton is being held in the Cerro Gordo County Jail on $10,000 bond.
- Man arrested in Mason City snowmobile thefts
- Mason City man charged with stealing snowmobiles
- Identity theft arrest in Mason City
- Mason City man facing felony theft charge
- Not guilty plea in snowmobile theft
- Guilty plea in Mason City jewelry theft
- Guilty pleas in Mason City theft
- First sentence in Mason City home theft
- Prison for Mason City jewelry theft
- Mason City man accused of felony burglary, theft in Ames