MASON CITY, Iowa – A central Iowa man is pleading not guilty to drug and weapons charges in Cerro Gordo County.
37-year-old Jason Scott Clark of Churdan was arrested after a traffic stop on December 13, 2017 near the intersection of South 40th Street and 4th Avenue South in Clear Lake. Law enforcement says Clark had a loaded Springfield Armory XD handgun that was reported stolen out of Rockwell City in July 2017. Authorities also say Clark had a baggie of methamphetamine in his jeans.
According to court documents, Clark has three prior drug convictions. He also reportedly told officers he bought the handgun off Craigslist for $200.
Clark is charged with trafficking in stolen weapons, carrying weapons, possession of a controlled substance-3rd or subsequent offense, and possession of a firearm as a felon. His trial is set for March 20.
- Man arrested in Clear Lake for meth and a stolen gun pleads not guilty
- Crystal Lake man pleads not guilty to dealing meth
- Clear Lake man pleads guilty to marijuana crime
- Clear Lake man pleads not guilty to sexual abuse
- Clear Lake man pleads guilty to multiple burglaries
- Austin man pleads guilty to meth crime
- Probation for meth, gun possession in Clear Lake
- Clear Lake man pleads not guilty to drug and weapons crimes
- Rochester man pleads not guilty to meth crimes
- Man pleads not guilty to meth sale in Rochester