Scroll for more content...
At around 11:46 p.m. Dec. 30, Rochester police received a call about a stolen Chevy Silverado out of Lewiston and 29-year-old Cody Haakenson was later arrested.
The vehicle took off and the chase was too dangerous to continue. An Olmsted County deputy located the vehicle shortly after on County Rd. 102. The deputy attempted to stop the vehicle but it took off reaching speeds around 90 miles per hour. The pursuit was stopped due to safety concerns.
The vehicle was located again on County Rd. 24 NE going 104 miles per hour. The vehicle lost control turning on to 70th Ave before getting back on the road and crashing in a ditch near County Rd. 2 and 55th Ave. NE and suffered a flat tire.
Haakenson was charged with fleeing in a motor vehicle, possession of stolen property and reckless driving.
- Man arrested after speeds reach 104 as truck flees authorities
- Man leads authorities on high speed chase through four counties
- Man arrested after allegedly stealing car, leading authorities on high-speed chase
- Fleeing police sends Austin man to prison
- Authorities: Man believed to be tied to stolen motorcycle that reached 100 mph arrested in stolen car
- Man arrested for fleeing officers 'didn't feel like going to jail'
- Man flees officers, then his house during southern MN pursuit
- Authorities arrest grandson in slaying of 84-year-old Iowa man
- Authorities: Warrant yields drugs as Rochester man arrested
- 3-county pursuit in north Iowa, southern MN reaches speeds of 110 mph