FRANKLIN COUNTY, Iowa – Franklin County Sheriff Linn Larson has died after a battle with cancer.
Larson, 59, died Tuesday, the Franklin County Sheriff's Office said in a news release.
Larson began his law enforcement career in April of 1978 with the Belmond Police Department where he was promoted to Sergeant and Chief of Police in November of 1983.
He was hired by the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office in 2006 and was promoted to Chief Deputy in 2008.
He also served as commander of the North Central Iowa Narcotics Task Force Special Operations for nearly six years.
In November of 2016, Linn was elected as Franklin County Sheriff.
Funeral arrangements are pending.
- Linn Larson, longtime North Iowa law enforcement leader, dies at 59
- Law enforcement stepping up patrol
- Law Enforcement and social media
- Longtime Iowa sportscaster killed as rain swamps Des Moines
- How does encryption affect local law enforcement?
- Local law enforcement receives tactical medicine training
- Iowa considering new immigration enforcement bill
- Iowa House approves expansive immigration enforcement bill
- Iowa Governor makes stop in north Iowa
- Prison for North Iowa arsonist