MASON CITY, Iowa – He was a fugitive from justice for 14 months, now he’ll be on probation for five years.
Lucas Rutta, 35 of Mason City, was charged in December 2016 with possession with intent to deliver methamphetamine but didn’t surrender to authorities until February 2018. Authorities said he was found with more than five grams of meth, pills without a prescription, and marijuana.
Rutta pleaded guilty to possession of meth-3rd offense and possession of marijuana-3rd offense and has been sentenced to five years of probation. He must also get a substance abuse evaluation and follow through with all treatment recommendations.
- Long-delayed conviction results in probation for Mason City man
- Mason City teen gets probation for mugging
- Mason City woman gets probation for marijuana
- Mason City man gets probation in sex abuse case
- Mason City man gets probation for movie money
- Mason City murder trial delayed again
- Mason City man convicted of sexually abusing a child
- Mason City man is convicted of child endangerment
- Trial delayed for Mason City man accused of killing grandparents
- Mason City woman gets probation for meth crime