BELMOND, Iowa- Victoria Middleton of Belmond is telling her story to try and make people aware of what she says is fake check that is being sent in the mail. She then called the company that the check said it came from and found out they did not send her anything in the mail.
Middleton says she has been misled before by a fake internet company that ended up taking over her computer as well as getting a hold of personal information, which is why she is telling her story.
“It is frustrating having to prove that you aren’t the one making these charges on your account,” she said. “It took over a year to start getting some of the money back and we still haven’t got it all back.”
Middleton says she lost around $4,000.
- Local woman speaks out about fake check
- Woman accused of check forgery
- Local woman speaks about the need for organ donors
- Congressman King speaks to local leaders
- Check your water temperatures
- Chickasaw County woman accused of writing bad checks
- Lawler woman gets probation for writing bad checks
- Local woman speaks out to teach others how to avoid being misled online
- Local woman expresses Medicaid concerns
- Police: Iowa man used camera in fake clock to peep at woman, kids