CHARLES CITY, Iowa – Doug Lindaman is facing a new charge as he awaits his third sexual abuse trial.
Lindaman was arrested Friday for tampering with witnesses or jurors and has since posted $2,000 bond.
Lindaman’s most recent Floyd County sexual abuse trial ended in a mistrial in Franklin County, and he is now scheduled to stand trial in Cerro Gordo County beginning Monday, April 9.
Lindaman, 62, of Charles City was convicted of sexually abusing a 17-year-old boy, but that conviction was overturned by the Iowa Supreme Court because it said Lindaman should not have been allowed to act as his own attorney.
A second trial was moved to Franklin County but it ended in a mistrial on February 23 when a witness mentioned Lindaman’s criminal history.
- Lindaman facing charge of tampering with witnesses or jurors
- New trial date for Doug Lindaman
- Mistrial declared in Lindaman sex abuse trial
- Another guilty verdict for Doug Lindaman
- Third sex abuse trial set for Doug Lindaman
- Bullied juror claim denied in murder case
- Defense calls Bowers' grandmother as first witness
- Mason City woman facing felony drug charges
- Hancock Co. man facing felony drug charges
- Four facing prostitution charges after Rochester sting