MASON CITY, Iowa – The search of a home Tuesday afternoon leads to an arrest and the discovery of what authorities call a “large amount” of drugs.
The Cerro Gordo County Sheriff’s Office searched a home in the 200 block of North Jefferson Avenue and took Jeffrey David Determan, 56, into custody on an outstanding federal warrant for violating terms of his supervised release. Determan was sentenced in 2003 in Cedar Rapids Federal Court to 10 years in prison, followed by eight years of supervised release, for drug crimes.
While searching the home, the Sheriff’s Office says it found methamphetamine, marijuana, and drug paraphernalia.
The Clear Lake Police Department, Hancock County Sheriff’s Office, Mason City Police Department, North Central Iowa Narcotics Task Force, the Task Force’s Special Operations Group, and the U.S. Marshals all assisted with this investigation, which is continuing.
- UPDATE: One arrested after search of Mason City home
- Two homes searched in Mason City
- UPDATE: Multi-agency search Tuesday at Mason City location
- Prostitution arrest in Mason City
- Search warrant leads to 2 arrests in Mason City
- Unexpected development in Mason City administrator search
- First sentence in Mason City home theft
- UPDATE: Two-vehicle crash in Mason City
- UPDATE: Charge changed in Mason City killing
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist in Mason City crash identified