MASON CITY, Iowa – KIMT is celebrating its 64th birthday but we’re nowhere close to retirement.
The station signed on for the first time on May 15, 1954 at KGLO-TV, owned by Lee Enterprises. The company also owned the Globe Gazette newspaper and KGLO radio and in 1977, the federal government ruled all the media outlets in a city could not have the same owner. KGLO-TV was then sold and renamed KIMT.
The station’s owners now are Heartland Media, which purchased KIMT on January 17, 2017.
For more information on KIMT, click here.
For more information on Heartland Media, click here.
- KIMT turns 64!
- Play KIMT fan hoopla!
- KIMT weather radio schedule
- Floyd County crash turns deadly
- Adams turns 150 years old
- Turning grapes into more green
- KIMT holds grand opening at Rochester studio
- KIMT's most-read stories from January
- KIMT's most-read stories of February
- KIMT's most-read stories of March