ROCHESTER, Minn. – A man accused of a hammer attack has been ruled incompetent to stand trial.
Frank Towers, 40 of Rochester, is facing charged of assault with a dangerous weapon, two counts of 4th degree assault of a correctional worker, and attempted 4th degree assault of a correctional workers.
Besides the hammer attack, authorities say Towers spit on two deputies and hit a sergeant with a wad of toilet paper with urine on it.
He was found incompetent to stand trial on Thursday.
- Rochester man found incompetent to stand trial
- Accused sex abuser found incompetent to stand trial
- What it means to be 'incompetent to stand trial'
- Homeless man to stand trial in attack on Rochester woman
- Rochester man to stand trial for dealing drugs
- Rochester man to stand trial for cocaine and marijuana
- Rochester man to stand trial, accused of attacking his parents
- Rochester man to stand trial for fleeing law enforcement
- Man in chase/crash found not competent to stand trial
- Rochester woman to stand trial for taking teenager