Scroll for more content...
The Iowa Department of Natural Resources says an 11-year-old boy was struck in the hip on Sunday by his 13-year-old brother when a deer ran between them and they both fired. The boys were hunting with their grandfather near Iowa City.
On Sunday morning 28-year-old Justin Scroggie of New Market was shot in the arm when he was mistaken by another hunter for a deer in southwest Iowa.
Another accidental shooting in the same area of the state remains under investigation from last Tuesday when 65-year-old John Fish of Villisca was shot in the foot by a 15-year-old boy firing at a deer which ran between them.
The DNR says none of the injuries are life threatening.
- Iowa officials investigate 3 deer hunting accidents
- Car/deer accident blocked I-35
- Deer Vs. Motorcycle Accident Injuries One
- No more CWD found in late season deer hunt
- Supreme Court: Son can sue father over MN hunting accident
- Iowa motorcycle rider hits deer in southern Minnesota
- Teenager kills mountain lion while hunting in western Iowa
- Four hurt in Iowa meat plant accident
- North Iowa man airlifted after motorcycle accident
- Iowa elected officials visit the troops overseas