MASON CITY, Iowa- After Mason City Fire Chief Al Dyer Junior was put on administrative leave in early November and later resigned from the position, the Mason City City Council approved Mason City Fire Deputy Chief Doug Janssen the Interim Chief.
Interim Chief Janssen has been with the department for the last 25 years and has held this position before when former Fire Chief Bob Platts retired.
Interim Chief Janssen will resume the role until the city finds a new official chief as he too is looking to retire from the department.
“I’ll be with the fire department until the end of September,” he says. “Then be retiring in September. I will do this until they find a new chief then resume my duties as deputy chief of operations.”
Those with the city say they will not start searching for a new chief until a new city administrator is hired.
- Interim Mason City Fire Chief named
- Mason City names new fire chief
- New Mason City fire chief named
- Interim police chief named in Rochester
- Mason City Fire Chief resigns
- Mason City's new fire chief officially appointed
- Next city administrator named in Mason City
- Mason City Fire Chief placed on administrative leave
- Former fire chief will not sue Mason City
- Search for Mason City Fire Chief takes another turn