UPDATE: The inmate who died while in custody at the Fillmore County Sheriff’s Office Detention Facility is being identified as Thomas Henry, 22, of Harmony.
Previous story below:
FILLMORE COUNTY, Minn. – An inmate has died at the Fillmore County Sheriff’s Office Detention Facility.
According to a press release, the death happened during "an incident" Wednesday at 6:30 p.m.
“Lifesaving efforts by Fillmore County Staff, the Preston Ambulance, Mayo One Staff, and Preston Police were unfortunately unsuccessful. The Fillmore County Sheriff’s Office extends our deepest sympathy to the victim’s family for their loss,” the press release states.
“The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA) was requested to conduct the death investigation. During this incident the jail’s general population and the public was not at risk.”
An autopsy will be conducted. No identification or cause of death has been released.
- UPDATE: Inmate identified after dying at Fillmore County Detention Facility
- UPDATE: House fire in Fillmore County
- Auto accident in Fillmore County
- Apartment fire in Fillmore County
- Motorcycle crash in Fillmore County
- Fillmore County driver in Houston County collision
- Two injured in Fillmore County crash
- Suspicious circumstances surround Fillmore County house fire
- Animal cruelty investigation underway in Fillmore County
- Fillmore County fugitive caught in northeast Iowa