OTTAWA, Illinois – A Mason City man is now set to stand trial for an Illinois killing.
42-year-old Mason Shannon is charged with murder and involuntary manslaughter for the death of Michael Castelli. LaSalle County law enforcement says Castelli was choked to death in July and Shannon and another man were responsible.
Shannon was picked up in Cerro Gordo County on an warrant and extradited to Illinois, where his trial is scheduled to begin on February 26, 2018.
- Illinois murder trial set for Mason City man
- UPDATE: Trial date set in Mason City double murder case
- Trial set in Mason City car chase
- Mason City murder trial delayed again
- Mason City murder trial is postponed
- Trial set for Mason City man accused of assault
- UPDATE: Jury selected in Mason City murder trial
- Separate trials for Mason City duo
- Trial set for Mason City man accused of stabbing to death grandparents
- Mason City man accused of murdering grandparents found competent to stand trial