VERNON SPRINGS, Iowa- Much of our viewing area has seen severe storms with large accumulations of rain.
Howard County has seen some of the worst with nearly five inches of rain in just a couple of days. The Turkey River in Vernon Springs has risen from all of the rain over the last two days. Those who live in Cresco said there isn’t a terrible amount of damage from the storm, but it was a terrifying couple of days.
“Downpours, strong winds, King’s bride is completely under water,” said Jonelle Busta. “Vernon Springs is also getting quite high.”
- Howard County gets five inches of rain in two days
- Helicopter crash in Howard County
- Howard County drivers collide in Winneshiek County
- Thursday showers leave 2-3 inches of rain in some locations
- Rain totals likely to exceed 3 inches through Thursday
- More probation for Howard County woman
- Frozen pipe warning in Howard County
- Not guilty plea in Howard County killing
- Howard County teen charged with multiple burglaries
- Man accused of multiple Howard County burglaries