UPDATE: It is believed the fire that summoned six fire departments to rural Fillmore County Wednesday was caused by an electrical problem.
Wykoff Fire Chief Wade Baker says the building that caught fire Wednesday used to be an old church but had been converted to living quarters. The structure is a total loss.
Previous story below
WYKOFF, Minn. – A half dozen local agencies responded to a house fire in Fillmore County Wednesday.
The homeowner at 19232 County Road 8, Wykoff reported the fire around 2:35 pm. Crews from Stewartville, Spring Valley, Chatfield, Fountain, and Preston were called in to assist Wykoff. Authorities say everyone escaped the home without injury.
The cause of the fire is currently unknown, an investigation is underway.
- UPDATE: House fire in Fillmore County
- Suspicious circumstances surround Fillmore County house fire
- Apartment fire in Fillmore County
- Auto accident in Fillmore County
- Motorcycle crash in Fillmore County
- Fillmore County driver in Houston County collision
- UPDATE: Inmate identified after dying at Fillmore County Detention Facility
- Two injured in Fillmore County crash
- Animal cruelty investigation underway in Fillmore County
- Fillmore County fugitive caught in northeast Iowa