OLMSTED COUNTY, Minn. – A four-year-old boy is left with bruising and a possible broken nose after a snowmobile ran over him.
Eric Vandal is a snowmobile dealer who said wearing a helmet is key to safe snowmobiling.
“A youth helmet would be like this, which you could see is considerably smaller than your adult stuff,” Vandal said.
He said with youth helmets, there’s a different thickness of padding inside the helmet to make it fit. When it comes to helmets, he said it’s not always about comfort but about safety.
In this case, it made quite the difference.
- Helmet could be to thank for saving four-year-old's life
- Police hold bike helmet sale
- Drone helps save man's life in Olmsted County
- Woman shares story of seat belt saving her life
- A bracelet 'will save my life,' says mother who has epilepsy
- A smoker's tale: 'She saved her sister's life, that's the best gift you can give anyone'
- Save Our Hospital group hoping to 'Save Our Healthcare'
- Giving the Gift of Life
- New life for old depot?
- Freeborn County Relay for Life