AUSTIN, Minn. – Police are asking for the public’s help finding some stolen firearms.
On Thursday evening, someone in the 900 block of 6th Avenue SE reported returning home after a few days to find several guns and accessories missing. Austin Police Chief Brian Krueger says among the missing items are:
- A 20-gauge shotgun with brown stock
- A J.C. Higgins model 12-gauge shotgun
- A Thompson/Center model muzzle loader in camouflage color with a Nikon 3-by-9 scope
- A 410 break action wood stock shotgun
- A Nikon 3-by-12 Monarch rifle scope
Chief Krueger says other stolen items included Craftsman tools, gift cards to Cabela’s, McDonald’s, and American Eagle, miscellaneous prescription medicine, and a package containing ice fishing supplies.
Police say the thief apparently entered the home through a bathroom window. There are no suspects at this time.
- Guns reported stolen in Austin
- Gunfire reported in Austin
- Guilty plea in Austin drug/gun case
- Trial set in stolen gun case
- Trailers, snowmobiles reported stolen in Rochester
- Boys accused of shooting a BB gun in Austin
- Meth and a gun send Austin man to prison
- Police confirm reports of shots fired in Austin
- SAW: Austin soccer
- Sunday fire in Austin