Scroll for more content...
One Thursday the group held a meeting at the MacNider Art Museum. Those hosting the event say they want people to be proactive saying public workers retirement is in serious jeopardy.
Jerry Hageman of Waterloo doesn’t collect IPERS, but wants to stay current on what is going on at the Capital.
“As we have seen in the state, legislature and the local governments, they are willing to take things away from workers,” he said.
Those hosting the event say there hasn’t been any pieces of legislation presented yet this session, but says a committee has been formed.
- Group discusses public workers retirment
- Local group discusses banning recreational marijuana use in Britt
- Stellar Industries looking to discuss worker shortage with Sen. Ernst
- Developers discuss proposed apartment complex in Garner with public
- DMC public meeting discusses future of Discovery Walk
- Noon Rotary discuss Russia
- Affordable Housing Discussion
- Internet Safety Discussion
- Long-time journalist celebrates retirement
- Salvation Army Majors are retired