ROCHESTER, Minn. - A portion of 16th Ave. NW in Rochester was closed off to traffic due to a gas leak Monday night.
It happened near the intersection of 16th Ave. NW & 1st St. NW when a construction crew was working in the area and hit the gas line with their mini excavator.
Rochester Fire Department was called in to temporarily clamp the line until Minnesota Energy was able to arrive on scene.
The road was closed to through traffic until they arrived.
- Gas leak shuts down Rochester road
- Gas leak closes Highway 122
- Gas leak in Mason City
- Road buckles in Rochester
- Mexico official: Iowa family died from water heater gas leak
- Small gas leak reported after construction accident in southern MN
- UPDATE: Natural gas smell reported at Rochester middle school
- UPDATE: Service being restored after gas leak in southwest Mason City
- Anydrous ammonia leak in Olmsted County
- Sink hole shuts down Twin Cities highway