GARNER, Iowa – A Hancock County man is pleading not guilty to stealing service from Alliant Energy.
45-year-old Dennis Michael Martin of Garner is facing one count of 2nd degree theft. Alliant Energy says it shut off service to Martin’s home four separate times between July and October due to lack of payment but Martin reconnected his property every time. The company says it placed a lock on Martin’s gas meter on one occasion, only to return to find the lock cut off and the gas turned back on.
Alliant Energy says it eventually confiscated Martin’s gas meter so it could not be reconnected. The company also says Martin owes it $1,246.59 in fees over this matter.
A trial is now scheduled for February 21, 2018.
- Garner man to stand trial over stolen gas service
- Accused embezzler to stand trial
- UPDATED: Tires and rims stolen from Garner car dealership
- Trial set over 13 pounds of pot found in Garner
- Homeless man to stand trial in attack on Rochester woman
- Man charged with murder competent to stand trial
- Man in chase/crash found not competent to stand trial
- Rochester man to stand trial for dealing drugs
- Forest City man to stand trial for burglary and assault
- Man to stand trial in first of three criminal cases