LYLE TOWNSHIP, Minn. – Authorities say the drowning death of a six-year-old boy appears to have been an accident.
The Mower County Sheriff’s Office says Finn Ellsworth from Hartland died Saturday during a family gathering at a Lyle Township home. Investigators say the child fell into an unused outdoor swimming pool. Autopsy results are still pending.
The Mower County Sheriff’s Office, Austin Police Department, Lyle Fire and First Responders, Gold Cross Ambulance, and Mayo one responded to his incident Saturday night. Authorities say every life-saving effort was made.
- UPDATE: Child's drowning death being called an accident
- UPDATE: Boy, 7, drowns in Dodge County accident
- UPDATE: Drowning victim identified in Winneshiek County
- UPDATE: Auto accident in Byron
- UPDATE: Dodge County death now being called a homicide
- UPDATE: Motorcycle accident in Mason City
- UPDATE: Auto accident at IBM in Rochester
- Child's death under investigation in northeast Iowa
- Worth County child, 4, and father dead after kayaking accident
- Teen dies from drowning at Chickasaw Park