NORTHWOOD, Iowa – A man accused of a violent confrontation involving fishing poles is pleading not guilty.
Steven Duane Strand, 68 of Forest City, is charged with 1st degree burglary, assault, assault on a peace officer, and driving while revoked. The Worth County Sheriff’s Office says the charges stem from an incident on June 29 when Strand stole some fishing poles from a Fertile home and punched the man who lived there. Deputies say Strand resisted arrest after they arrived.
His trial is due to start on September 26.
- Forest City man pleads not guilty to Worth County crimes
- Minnesota men plead not guilty to Forest City drug crimes
- Emmons man pleads not guilty in Worth County crash
- Man pleads guilty to drunken crimes
- Austin man pleads guilty to meth crime
- Rochester man pleads guilty to separate crimes
- Wanted man pleads guilty to drug crime
- Austin man pleads guilty to gun crime
- Mason City man pleads guilty to federal meth crimes
- Mason City man pleads guilty to federal gun crime