GARNER, Iowa – A Forest City man has been charged with 13 crimes in connection with a string of burglaries.
The Hancock County Sheriff’s Office says numerous storage units at a facility in the 100 block of Industrial Drive in Forest city were broken into from January 10 through January 21. Thousands of dollars worth of items were taken, including a trailer, motorcycle tools and paraphernalia, the key to a Polaris UTV, carpet, stereo equipment, and collected magazines.
The Sheriff’s Office says their investigation found that Kristen James Nelson, 34, was one of the individuals involved in these burglaries. Deputies say Nelson admitted his involvement during an official interview.
He was arrested on Tuesday and is accused of seven counts of 3rd degree burglary, five counts of 2nd degree theft, and one count of attempted 3rd degree burglary.
- Forest City man accused of storage unit burglaries
- Forest City teen accused of five burglaries
- Burglary charge dismissed against Forest City man
- One not guilty plea in Hancock County storage unit burglaries
- Second arrest in Hancock County storage unit burglaries
- Police: Mason City man facing 3 felony burglary charges for breaking into storage units
- Mason City man sentenced for storage unit thefts
- Second accused storage unit burglar pleads not guilty
- No explanation for Rochester storage unit fire
- Forest City man to stand trial for burglary and assault