ROCHESTER, Minn. – Flames destroyed a porch in the bitter cold of Wednesday afternoon.
Rochester firefighters were called to 2014 Magdalana Lane SW to find flames had ignited some propane tanks on the porch, creating too big a fire to be handled with ordinary extinguishers.
The fire climbed up the back of the house but firefighters were able to prevent the fire from spreading inside the home.
Officials estimate $50,000 in damages with the deck being completely destroyed and damage done to the exterior of the home. There was only light smoke damage throughout the inside of the home.
The homeowners were out of town during the time of the fire, leaving neighbors to take care of their 3 dogs while they were away.
All 3 dogs were removed from the home and are not injured.
The Fire Department says the cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Flames destroy a porch in a southwest Rochester neighborhood
- House destroyed by flames in Dodge County
- Police: 3 houses robbed in Rochester neighborhoods
- Flames severely damage Austin home
- Rochester Fire: Overnight blaze destroys vehicle, badly damages garage
- Local business causing neighborhood concerns
- Man comes up with unique gift for holiday porch pirates
- Rochester Public School Board votes to make Longfellow Elementary a "neighborhood" school
- Man pulled from flaming SUV in Waseca County
- Fire destroys Spring Valley home