NORTHWOOD, Iowa – Officials say flames tore through a Worth County business Sunday morning.
Worth County sheriff’s deputies were sent to Northwood Welding around 4:43 a.m. on a report of a structure fire. Deputies say they arrived to find the building completely ablaze and neighboring homes were evacuated.
The Northwood Volunteer Fire Department and Alliant Energy assisted with this fire. The Sheriff’s Office says the cause remains under investigation.
- Fire in Northwood causes significant damage
- Overnight house fire causes significant damage in Freeborn County
- UPDATE: Fire causes significant damage to Rochester storage unit
- Construction underway at Northwood-Kensett
- 'Significant damage' in Alabama after storms hit Southeast
- Northwood woman charged with Burger King theft
- Nor'easter brings significant spring snow
- Remains found in southern Iowa identified as Northwood woman
- Northwood-Kensett superintendent in running for Fort Dodge job
- Guilty plea in Northwood theft of guns and beer