Clarks Grove, MN – A house sustained severe smoke and water damage after a fire Sunday night in Clarks Grove.
According to the Freeborn County Sheriff’s Office, deputies were dispatched to 202 2nd Ave. NE in Clarks Grove at 9:06 p.m. Sunday.
Deputies saw heavy smoke coming from the roof and flames were visible on the south half of the roof when they arrived.
All occupants of the home were able to get out of the home safely and were uninjured. The house is occupied by Todd and Heather Earl.
Todd Earl is the chief deputy with the Freeborn County Sheriff's Office.
"We handled it just like we handle any other house fire, ask the same questions. But it does hit a little closer to home when it's somebody you work close with day in and day out," said Freeborn County Sheriff's Office Sgt. Tim Bennett.
The Earls want to thank their neighbors, friends and family for all of the help and support as they deal with this difficult situation.
The south half of the roof did collapse.
Authorities say the fire possibly started in the chimney near the roof.
The Clarks Grove, Geneva, Hollandale, Albert Lea and Ellendale Fire Departments were on scene as were the Gold Gross Ambulance and the State Fire Marshal’s Office.
- Freeborn County Sheriff's Office Chief Deputy Todd Earl's house badly damaged in fire
- Overnight house fire causes significant damage in Freeborn County
- Rochester Fire: Overnight blaze destroys vehicle, badly damages garage
- Sunday house fire in rural Freeborn County under investigation
- Motorcycle accident in Freeborn County
- Sheriff: Facility housing 7,400 turkeys demolished in Freeborn County (with photo gallery)
- Freeborn County joins national child protection program
- One-vehicle accident in Freeborn County
- Pickup truck rollover in Freeborn County
- Owatonna man pleads guilty in Freeborn County