HOUSTOWN TOWNSHIP, Minn. – A deer on the road caused a two-vehicle collision Sunday in Houston County.
The Minnesota State Patrol says 60-year-old Esther Marie Oldenburg of Jackson was driving on Highway 16, west of Houston, when she braked to avoid hitting a deer. Oldenburg was struck from behind by the vehicle driven by 35-year-old Michael Melvin Hayner of Preston.
Both drivers were transported to Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center in La Crosse, Wisconsin for treatment of non-life threatening injuries. Both were wearing their seat belts.
The State Patrol says this accident happened around 5:30 pm Sunday. The Houston County Sheriff’s Office, Tri-State Ambulance, and Houston Ambulance assisted at the scene.
- Fillmore County driver in Houston County collision
- Auto accident in Fillmore County
- Apartment fire in Fillmore County
- UPDATE: House fire in Fillmore County
- Two injured in Fillmore County crash
- Suspicious circumstances surround Fillmore County house fire
- Animal cruelty investigation underway in Fillmore County
- Fillmore County fugitive caught in northeast Iowa
- Anti-veteran vandalism reported in Fillmore County
- Huge dumping problem in Fillmore County