Scroll for more content...
The Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation says Shane Allen Jensen, of Humboldt, Iowa, was shot on Saturday in Dakota City, Iowa.
Authorities say Jensen was shot around 2:30 p.m. after he fired a 9 mm handgun into the air and then pointed the weapon at the DNR officer. Officers were responding to a call of a person hiding under the deck of a home.
Authorities say family members and law enforcement had been looking for Jensen after he expressed thoughts about dying in an officer-involved shooting and stealing a motor vehicle.
An investigation is ongoing and the results will be forwarded to the Humboldt County attorney's office for review.
- Iowa man identified after being fatally shot by officer after brandishing gun
- Officers identified in fatal shooting of teenager
- UPDATE: Man identified in fatal crash
- Boy, 17, arrested for allegedly brandishing toy gun at Byron High School
- Police say Iowa business owner fatally shot burglar
- Family of fatally shot teen urges more gun safety education
- Pilot identified in southern Iowa plane crash
- Trial set in fatal northeast Iowa shooting
- Iowa county pushes to permit guns on Iowa courthouse floors
- Officer identified in deadly Minnesota shooting