UPDATE: The Iowa State Patrol says the driver killed in the Monday morning rollover south of Floyd was 21-year-old Tanner Patrick Walker of Postville.
Previous story below
FLOYD, Iowa – The Iowa State Patrol says a person is dead after a rollover crash early Monday morning.
It happened around 4:30 a.m. on Highway 18. A northbound 1996 Ford Explorer drifted off the highway near Waterbury Road and rolled into the median. The driver was thrown from the Explorer and was taken to the Floyd County Medical Center but is listed by the State Patrol as a fatality. The Floyd County Sheriff's Office is describin the victim as a "young, out-of-county resident."
The Floyd County Sheriff’s Office and Floyd Fire Department assisted at the scene. The State Patrol says this crash remains under investigation.
- UPDATE: Postville man killed in Floyd County rollover
- Two hurt in Floyd County rollover
- UPDATE: Tornado Warning expires in Floyd County
- Minneapolis man arrested in Floyd County
- Waterloo man sentenced for Floyd County crimes
- Floyd County crash turns deadly
- Tractor fire in Floyd County
- UPDATE: No identification yet from body found in Floyd County
- UPDATE: Final name known in fatal Floyd County crash
- Update: 2nd crash involving farm equipment reported in Floyd County