The following is a letter released from Dennis Hanson's family Friday afternoon. Hanson was found alive Thursday after the community searched for him throughout the week:
It is with humble and grateful hearts that we, Dennis Hanson’s loving family, come back to our community to express the most sincere thanks that anyone could ever have.
It was God’s leading all who involved themselves in this massive search and His protection that brought Dennis back to us alive and willing to receive the intensive medical attention to relieve the burdens that prompted this desperate attempt for peace of mind.
It is our hope that everyone will have a renewed awareness of the magnitude a “little down in the dumps” can have on the human mind. Depression is very real and not a choice.
Dennis is but just one in our small space on Earth, who at this moment is dealing with thoughts and actions of this nature. Let us all remember how a community working together with such vigor can be a very real help to humanity. Treating our brothers and sisters with understanding and kindness is a huge part in their total care and recovery.
May God richly bless everyone who had made this blessed outcome a reality for the most grateful family on the face of the Earth!
- Family of Dennis Hanson releases letter to public
- Update: More details on what led to officers finding Dennis Hanson
- Evidence in Lois Riess case released to the public
- Department of Public Safety releases results of seat belt enforcement
- Rochester Public Library plans new programming for transgender families
- Family of Mollie Tibbetts issues a public statement
- Local athletes sign national letters of intent
- Wetterling family apologizes before release of kidnap/murder files
- Celebrating Rochester Public Library
- Vikings to induct former coach Dennis Green in Ring of Honor