CLEAR LAKE, Lake - As the Winter Dance Party events continue throughout the weekend in Clear Lake, those in attendance are making sure to check out local businesses in the area.
Rebecca Friend is from Minneapolis and retired two years ago.
She has always wanted to attend the Winter Dance Party in Clear Lake and this year she was able to check it off of her bucket list with help from her friends.
They made a stop by the Clear Lake Arts Center and got the opportunity to look at some artwork showcasing Buddy Holly.
Friend says visiting the local businesses in the area has been a great experience.
“We went to besides the dances the antique store, a little restaurant called seven, which is so cute I would recommend that to anybody and I am just having a great time.”
Local businesses are also seeing success from the Winter Dance Party.
The education coordinator at the Clear Lake Arts Center says they've seen a huge increase in sales
- Economic impact of Winter Dance Party
- Super Bowl economic impact already being felt
- Winter Dance Party at The Surf: 'To us, it's a place of worship'
- Changes to the Winter Dance Party after the death of Tommy Allsup
- Thursdays on First and 3rd has big economic impact
- Spring proms impacted by winter like weather
- Local businesses are feeling the impact of winter-like conditions
- Wildlife feeling the impact of winter-like weather
- Economic developers touring rural southeastern Minnesota towns