Scroll for more content...
It's not only expected to keep kids warmer, according to Laudner, but also help air quality.
Clear Lake schools received award money from the EPA meant to replace buses or retrofit existing buses to reduce pollutants linked to old diesel buses like the one in Clear Lake.
“Perfectly honest, it was try to get an extra $20,000 to purchase a new bus but it is a good thing. Everyone is trying to do some odd ball things for the environment so it was two-fold for us,” Laudner said.
Clear Lake isn't the only local district to receive money, West Hancock School District did too.
No schools or private sectors in our area from Minnesota received any.
- EPA grants money to replace bus at Clear Lake Schools
- SAW: Clear Lake's Gretchen Jones
- Clear Lake officially ice free
- SAW: Clear Lake Boys Golf
- SAW: Clear Lake's Chloe Mueller
- Clear Lake's Nelson starts high school career off strong
- Arrest made after bathroom video surfaced at Clear Lake school
- Clear Lake schools looking to bring Ag classes to students
- Former Clear Lake student-athlete sues the school district
- Huge weekend for Clear Lake's Eric Faught