MASON CITY, Iowa- In an effort to give North Iowans a chance to meet several of the candidates running for governor, a local group has started a “Pints and Politics” event where candidates will be addressing potential voters.
On Monday Dr. Andy McGuire made a stop to Mason City Brewing. She spoke to a nearly full house of people about several different topics including healthcare, mental health, substance abuse, water quality, and many more.
She stated that it is hard to get work done when proposals like the tax reform bill would cut around a billion dollars from a $7.1 billion budget.
“The math doesn't add up,” she said. “I believe we don't have a revenue problem we have a priority problem. We are giving it away in tax give aways instead of putting it on the priorities of healthcare and people and education.”
3/19 Jon Neiderbach
3/26 Cathy Glasson
4/9 Nate Boulton
4/16 Ross Wilburn
4/23 John Norris
- Dr. Andy McGuire discusses healthcare and budget isses
- Sen. Rita Hart discusses women's healthcare
- Healthcare facility announced for downtown
- Veteran care, healthcare and social security discussed with Sen. Grassley in Forest City
- Healthcare shortage: 'We're fighting for staff'
- Save Our Hospital group hoping to 'Save Our Healthcare'
- Erin Murphy speaks to Rochester residents about healthcare
- Noon Rotary discuss Russia
- Affordable Housing Discussion
- Internet Safety Discussion