LAKE MILLS, Iowa- With what politicians are calling a looming trade war having a big impact on farmers, Iowa Democratic candidate for Governor Fred Hubbell was in Lake Mills Friday to hear their concerns.
Hubbell said federal tariffs that china has put on agricultural goods after the United States put tariffs on steel imports are going to impact rural areas the hardest, which is why he is starting is “Standing up for Iowa Farmers” tour.
“It’s under a threat,” he said. “We’ve already had four or five years in a row of low commodity prices and now whether it’s the renewable fuel standard, NAFTA or tariffs, we have a lot of challenges in agriculture.”
Hubbell will be touring much of the northern half of the state this weekend.
- Democratic candidate for governor Fred Hubbell in Lake MIlls Friday
- Gubernatorial governor candidate Fred Hubbell stops in North Iowa
- Fred Hubbell picks his running mate
- Lookout for Lake Mills wrestling
- Hubbell discusses politics surrounding Tibbetts findings
- SAW: Gabe Irons of Lake Mills
- Probation for growing marijuana in Lake Mills
- Lake Mills man accused of stealing tools
- Lake Mills man accused of bat attack
- Iowa GOP zero in on wealth of Democratic governor candidate