Photo Gallery 2 Images
LAKOTA, Iowa – Authorities are investigating the death of a 38-year-old Lakota woman in Kossuth County.
The Kossuth County Sheriff’s Office received a 911 call just after 12:45 a.m. Saturday from 517 Smith St. in Lakota, asking for medical assistance. The caller also said that a domestic assault with weapons occurred at the residence of 202 2nd Street in Lakota.
When deputies arrived, they found a man with cuts to his left arm at 517 Smith Street and a dead woman at 202 2nd Street.
Authorities then contacted the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigations to assist with the investigation.
They arrested 45-year-old Chad Dietrick, of Lakota, for 1st Degree Murder, a Class A Felony.
The victim is identified as 38-year-old Krista Hesebeck, of Lakota.
Dietrick is being held at the Kossuth County Jail awaiting his initial appearance.
Investigators say they will determine the cause of death from autopsy results.
Other assisting agencies include the Algona Police Department, Forest City Police Department, and the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office.
- Lakota man facing murder charge in Kossuth County
- Man facing 1st-degree murder charge in Kossuth Co. death
- Trial scheduled for Lakota man accused of murder
- Police documents: Victim in Lakota murder died from stabbing
- Sex abuse charges filed in Kossuth County case
- Kossuth Co. man facing charges for sexual exploitation of a minor
- Luck decides two elections in Kossuth County
- Not guilty plea in Kossuth County killing
- Kossuth County included in new disaster proclamation
- Warning about flooded roads in Kossuth County