NORWOOD YOUNG AMERICA, Minn. (AP) - Investigators believe a kerosene heater being used to thaw frozen pipes under a mobile home caused a fire that killed a 71-year-old woman southwest of Minneapolis.
Carver County Sheriff Jim Olson says sheriff's deputies were dispatched to a house fire in Norwood Young America just before 6 p.m. Thursday. A woman who was paralyzed and unable to more on her own reportedly was inside the home.
When deputies arrived, they found the mobile home engulfed in flames and smoke. Firefighters arrived and put out the fire. The body of Nancy Lee Green was found inside the home.
An ambulance crew treated two firefighters for non-life-threatening injuries.
Officials believe the fire was accidental.
- Deadly fire blamed on kerosene heater
- Second arrest in space heater attack
- Trial set in Charles City space heater attack
- Mexico official: Iowa family died from water heater gas leak
- Deadly Christmas Day fire in eastern Iowa
- CO blamed in NE Minnesota death
- Blame game begins after federal shut down
- Chicken 'pop-up' stores blamed for salmonella
- Man accused of attack with a space heater in Charles City
- Report on deadly Iowa school bus fire released Friday