MASON CITY, Iowa – A man accused of cheating two car dealerships gets probation.
23-year-old Timothy Lavell Litt, of Oelwein, was charged in July 2017 with 1st and 2nd degree theft. Authorities say he used a bad credit card to purchase two vehicles from two separate Mason City dealerships. The vehicles had a combined value of nearly $18,000.
Litt was arrested in Buena Vista County in September 2017 and eventually pleaded guilty to one count of 1st degree theft.
He has been ordered to spend five years on probation.
- Credit card car thief sentenced
- Probation for illegal credit card use
- Not guilty plea from accused car thief
- Why our brains struggle with the concept of credit cards
- Not guilty plea in Charles City credit card fraud
- Deferred judgment for alley thief
- My Money Monday, June 18 - How to pay off your credit card debt
- Rochester mail thief takes a plea deal
- Car theft sentence in Cerro Gordo County
- Servantez sentenced