CHARLES CITY, Iowa – A holiday season robbery is sending a Floyd County man to prison.
A jury convicted 37-year-old Donald Edward McIntyre of Charles city of 1st degree robbery. Authorities say that he attacked a man in the 1200 block of E Street in Charles City on December 27, 2015. A criminal complaint was not filed, however, until December 2016. McIntyre was accused of hitting the victim in the head with a club and then choking him with the club until the victim almost passed out.
Police say the victim got McIntyre to leave by offering him $100.
On Friday, McIntyre was sentenced to up to 25 years in state prison and was ordered to pay $3,942.58 in restitution.
- Charles City man sentenced for violent robbery
- Charles City man convicted of robbery
- Final sentence in Charles City home invasion
- Prison sentence for Charles City child endangerment
- Charles City man sentenced again for sex abuse
- Man sentenced for Rochester robberies
- Two arrested after violent robbery in Rochester
- Differing pleas in violent Rochester robbery
- Charles City Survey
- Collision in Charles City