NORTHWOOD, Iowa – The Worth County Sheriff’s Office is putting out a holiday reminder.
It says it has received an influx of 911 hang-up calls with the sound of children in the background and would like people to remember that if you give a child a de-activated cell phone to play with, it can still dial 911. The Sheriff’s Office says accidental 911 calls can tie up an emergency line for others who may be in need.
But, it also says this could be a good reminder that a de-activated cell phone can be a great tool for young and old who need 911 services but don’t have their own phone.
- Cell phone reminder from Worth County Sheriff
- Snow removal reminder
- UPDATE: Charges dismissed in fist fight over cell phone
- Grass fire warning from Worth County Sheriff's Office
- Worth County crash Monday morning
- 2-car accident in Worth County
- Rollover crash early Sunday in Worth County
- Two-vehicle crash in Worth County
- Worth County approves CAFO near Silver Lake
- Three arrested for Worth County burglary