Photo Gallery 1 Images
MASON CITY, Iowa - According to authorities in Mason City, a house fire broke out just before midnight Tuesday night at 1723 S. Wilson Ave. and was caused by an unattended candle.
The fire began in the basement but was extinguished quickly after the unattended candle caused a couch to start on fire.
No one was injured in the fire, but a cat was taken out of the house and wasn't breathing, the Mason City Fire Department said. It did, however, seem to begin doing better after being in fresh air.
- UPDATE: Unattended candle caused Mason City fire
- Unattended candle causes fire in Albert Lea
- House fire in Mason City
- Mason City Fire Chief resigns
- Garage fire in Mason City
- UPDATE: Fatal house fire in Mason City caused by electrical failure
- UPDATE: Crews respond to apartment fire in downtown Mason City
- UPDATE: Two-vehicle crash in Mason City
- UPDATE: Charge changed in Mason City killing
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist in Mason City crash identified