DENVER, Iowa – A car/semi collision seriously injured a woman Wednesday morning.
The Bremer County Sheriff’s Office says it took place around 10:48 am at the intersection of Highway 63 and 250th Street. 57-year-old Russell Schmitz of Wellsburg was driving a semi north on the highway while 61-year-old Kay Michel of Waterloo was driving west. The Sheriff’s Office says Michel entered the intersection and was hit on the driver’s side by Schmitz’ semi.
Michel was taken to Allen Hospital in Waterloo, then flown to Iowa City for treatment. Schmitz was not harmed.
Denver Ambulance and Fire assisted the scene.
- Car hit by semi in Bremer County
- Car hits semi southeast of Rochester
- Iowa prosecutor says shooting of Minneapolis man near Nashua justified (with documents from Bremer County Attorney)
- Car hits school bus in Olmsted County
- Train hits car in Kasson
- Two semis collide in Freeborn County
- Truck/semi crash in Freeborn County
- Semi accident on I-90 in Olmsted County
- UPDATE: Semi catches fire in Olmsted County
- Man charged after January semi accident that hit Lyle school