ALBERT LEA, Minn. – A late Thursday afternoon camper fire is being blamed on an electrical short.
The Albert Lea Fire Department says it was called to the 200 block of Giles Place. Firefighters arrived to find smoke and flames coming from the small motor-home-style camper that was parked in a driveway between two homes.
The flames were put out with minor damage to one home and the camper a total loss. Three people at home at the time were not hurt. Power had to be cut to the home due to damage, which is estimated to be about $6,000 to the camper and the home.
The owners said the lights flickered and they noticed smoke coming from the camper around 5:30 pm.
The Albert Lea Fire Department was on the scene for about two hours.
- Camper fire in Albert Lea
- Albert Lea stabber sentenced
- Albert Lea police investigate shooting
- Albert Lea's Glazier picks Iowa
- Unattended candle causes fire in Albert Lea
- Fire damages house just outside Albert Lea
- Hackenmueller out as Albert Lea wrestling coach
- Small Business Saturday in Albert Lea
- Guilty plea in Albert Lea stabbing
- Paul Durbahn era begins at Albert Lea