CLEAR LAKE, Iowa - Many of us need a cup of coffee or two to get us going in the morning.
One local couple who thinks the same thing is seeing their love for coffee being recognized on a state level. Cabin Coffee owners Brad and Angie Barber are still a bit shocked they won this year's Neal Smith Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
“It’s pretty amazing, honestly. It’s pretty unbelievable but it feels really great for us. We feel like it's a win for our team,” Angie Barber said.
This award recognizes entrepreneurs in Iowa who are dedicated to bettering their community.
“We really truly want to put North Iowa on the map, we want as many people to know this is a great community with great character,” Brad Barber said.
Their goal as they continue to open more coffee shops is to create jobs and work with the community. Barber says for every store they open they end up doing business with about 70 other businesses.
“A business is like a family, just as important are the people you work with is the family at home. We’re all trying to keep food in our bellies, roof over our heads and clothes on our backs,” Angie Barber said.
- Cabin Coffee owners being recognized at Iowa's state capitol
- Cabin Fever (2002) vs. Cabin Fever (2016)
- Agents search Iowa AAU coach's cabin in nude videos case
- Authorities say state worker arrested at Iowa Capitol
- Minnesota man killed by Iowa business owner
- Investigation into 4 Seasons Coffee
- Mercy-North Iowa recognized for high standards in stroke care
- Trials set for vandalism to Mitchell County cabin
- Funds being raised for new cabin in Floyd County
- Iowa record store owner indicted in hidden camera case